Pub chain had hundreds of potentially unsafe gas appliancesThe inquest into the death of Bootle publican Mr Paul Lee found that pub chain Enterprise Inns failed to maintain gas appliances in over 400 of its properties.
Mr Lee died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a faulty gas heater.
Investigators from the HSE found that the gas fire that killed Mr Lee would have produced a fatal level of carbon monoxide within an hour of being switched on.
The gas fire's chimney was blocked so the room filled with lethal carbon dioxide.
Read more about the story on the BBC website.