Boiler servicing dos and don'ts
7 things you should do to look after your boiler
- DO get more than one boiler servicing quote - boiler servicing prices vary a lot.
- DO ask what work the boiler service will entail - not all boiler servicing programmes are really thorough.
- DO take an interest in the boiler servicing report prepared by your plumber.
- DO learn how to turn off the gas at the mains in the event of an emergency.
- DO check the credentials of the boiler engineer servicing your central heating system.
- DO put the date when you should next get your boiler serviced in your diary so you don't forget about it.
- DO bleed your radiators every autumn - it will save you money on your heating costs.
BOILER DONTS - 4 things to avoid
- DON'T skimp on boiler costs - it's a false economy and it could kill you.
- DON'T cover your boiler up so that it is poorly ventilated.
- DON'T let jargon put you off. Ask your boiler engineer to explain clearly how well your boiler is working.
- DON'T let your old boiler cost you money. New boilers can be much more energy efficient and could save you money.
CENTRAL HEATING ESSENTIALS